Here's what we worked on this week:
In math we...
- practiced counting groups of tens and ones and ordering the amounts from least to greatest.
- sorted, graphed, and answered questions about conversation hearts.
- grouped our 100th day collections and counted them in different ways (by 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s) to get to 100
- took our unit 4 test on place value.
In reading we...
- learned that we need to think about what is happening in the story, not just what we can see in the picture, when trying to solve a tricky word.
- practiced thinking about what kind of word (person, place, thing, action) would make sense when we are tying to figure out a touch word.
In writing/language arts we...
- discovered that we can bolster our arguments by quoting experts on the subject of our opinion.
- revised and edited several pieces we have written about our collections.
- continued studying vowel teams ea, ee, ai, oa, and ay.
- wrote about things we love.
- wrote about what it will be like when we're 100 and what we would do with $100.
Next week's word wall words are: each, how, ten, them, was
In science/social studies we...
- read a Scholastic News about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.
- Conferences are next Wednesday and Thursday nights. A link was sent out earlier this week to sign up for a time. If you are not able to attend during these times, please feel free to contact me to set up a time before or after school.
- There WILL be school next Thursday (2/21) and the following Monday (2/25). Lunch choices for those days can be found in the parent update.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms are due February 28. Feel free to turn them in early if you have met the goal.
*brown paper lunch bags