Here's what we worked on the rest of this week:
In math we...
- reviewed coins and graphing.
- took our test on coins and graphing.
- completed several math activities with Skittles with our math buddies.
In reading we...
- continued to work on our reader's theater plays. We will "perform" them for the class next week.
In writing/language arts we...
- took a couple of end of the year spelling/writing assessments.
- worked on a mentor sentence from Last Day Blues that focused on singular/plural nouns.
In science/social studies we...
- learned more about our coding app, Scratch Jr.
- planned a scene from Goldilocks and then used Scratch Jr. to animate the scene. The characters had to move and talk.
- May reading calendars were due today. If your child did not return his/hers please send it on Monday
- Please return all classroom books by Tuesday. Thank you!
- Several students still have library books checked out. Please return those ASAP!
- Info on the Summer Challenge as well as a summer reading BINGO reading incentive will be sent home on Wednesday with report cards.
- Information was also emailed home about two summer reading programs from Half Price Books and Barnes and Noble. If you would like the reading logs sent home, please let me know.
- The carnival is next Thursday and it is an early release day.
WEEKLY I CAN STATEMENTS
-I can compare and contrast two stories.
-I can ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
-I can describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
-I can use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
-I can use strategies to read tricky words.
-I can read and write taught sight words.
-I can spell untaught words phonetically.
-I can use capital letters and punctuation when writing sentences.
-I can identify pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters and give their values.
-I can count groups of coins.
-I can organize, represent, and interpret data with up to three categories; ask and answer questions about the total number of data points, how many in each category, and how many more or less are in one category than in another.